Sunday, November 13, 2011

Critical Hit Script

It seems like using the CCSF as an excuse to get off my tail and finish up all the project that have been teetering on the edge of completion for months/years is working pretty well. One glance at my old projects list and it looks like quite a bit has been shaved off over the past several days.

So here we have another example-- a tweaked version of the Critical Hit Script.

Before I go any further, I want to emphasize that this is a script designed for general use-- It is not a "torture" agent or anything of the sort. Quite the contrary actually; this modification in many cases has helped creatures survive better when under attack.

Critical hits don't land very often in this version-- far less often than they do in my older video, anyway. They do hurt a lot, but the flinging back of the creature gives it a very good chance of escaping from his/her attacker.

Really, this script is just intended to make the game a little bit more interesting, and in my tests has not drastically affected the gameplay. I hope everyone can get some enjoyment from it, regardless of your playstyle.

Download the Critical Hit Script here. Extra thanks to Mea for the beta-testing!

2 comments:

  1. Very good!
    I love that you have decided to finish most of your projects this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for finishing up projects! This one should be quite useful: I had one Norn beat another to death during a feral run the other day, and this probably would have given the victim a chance to get away. Interesting script! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete